The Southern Bowling Congress is proud to support the future of bowling,
our youth bowlers.
To aid them in their education, the SBC has established the
Jacques Curwen/Jay Guidry/Bill Blackburn
Scholarship Fund and is offering a one year $500 scholarship to the
college of their choice. To date, we have distributed over
$38,000.00 in scholarships to deserving youths to assist in
furthering their education.
This scholarship is available to any
senior youth bowler, male or female, in our member states provided
they meet the following requirements.
For a list of scholarship winners go
For your convenience,
here is a
print it, fill it out and follow the instructions to forward it to
You must meet
the following requirements to be eligible for one of the Southern
Bowling Congress Scholarships:
- You must be currently bowling in a USBC Certified Youth league and
must be a high school senior.
- You must have bowled in a USBC Certified Youth League for three out of your four years in high school and must have bowled 75% of the league schedule.
- You must include an official high school grade and credits transcript with a minimum of 6 semesters of information that includes proof of your ACT and/or SAT scores.
- You must attach a personal letter of recommendation from either your high school principal or your counselor.
- You must have attained an ACT composite score of at least 20 or a SAT composite score of 1410.
- You must have attained a composite grade point average of at least 2.50 on a 4.0 scale.
- After you have been notified that you are a recipient of a SBC Scholarship, you must continue to bowl in your USBC Certified Youth League until the completion of the schedule or your scholarship may be rescinded.
- The application must be completed and returned to the Executive Director of the Southern Bowling Congress by March 15th of the year you are applying for you to be considered in the SBC Scholarship program.
- The decision of the Southern Bowling Congress is final regarding all scholarship matters, including, but not limited to the interpretation of the information received, and the recipient selection process.
- The completed form and all attachments must be mailed to:
9817 Miller Rd.
Sherwood, AR. 72120